Our Mission, Vision, and Value Proposition
The mission of the American Guild of Organists is to foster a thriving community of musicians who share their knowledge and inspire passion for the organ.
The vision of the American Guild of Organists is to engage, support, and uplift every organist.
Value Proposition (A Value Proposition is simply a promise of value to be delivered–a statement of the specific benefits you can expect through AGO membership.)
As a member of the American Guild of Organists you can
- connect with other organists
- enhance your skills as an organist and choral conductor
- celebrate the organ in historic and evolving contexts
- discover news of the organ and choral world online and in The American Organist
- nurture new organists of all ages
- share knowledge and expertise
- enjoy camaraderie at chapter events and conventions
- find inspiration and challenge
- receive encouragement from colleagues
- experience great organs and organists
- access career opportunities and job listings
- earn professional credentials through AGO certification
Approved by National Council May 9, 2016; revised by National Council June 7, 2016.